Replace your aging furnace (or boiler) with an eligible ENERGY STAR® or equivalent model that’s 95 per cent efficient or higher (94 per cent efficient or higher for boilers) and you could receive an $500 rebate. But hurry! You must pre-qualify for your rebate by December 31, 2017.
Do you qualify for a rebate?
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer with natural gas as your primary source of heat.
- Your existing furnace or boiler must be a minimum of 10 years old and not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax including parts and labour).
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR or equivalent furnace or boiler with a two-pipe direct vent system (to be verified by submitting a photograph as part of your application).
- Before applying for your rebate, you must have a valid pre-qualification code. Codes are only available until December 31, 2017, or while quantities last.
- Furnaces and boilers must be purchased, installed and paid for in full within six months of being issued a pre-qualification code.
Find eligible models
Furnaces must be ENERGY STAR or equivalent and be at least 95 per cent efficient or higher
Boilers must be ENERGY STAR or equivalent and be at least 94 per cent efficient or higher